- 28th October 2016
- Hallowe'en special offer! Buy two live strains of C. trachomatis and get one for free! Click here for details. Offer ends on the 4th November 2016.
- 10th October 2016
- PLEASE NOTE: amendments have been made to the X-gal staining protocol. Click here for details
- 5th-9th September 2016
- Team Chlamydia Biobank had a great time at ESCR2016 in Oxford!
We had a wonderful time in Oxford from the 5th-9th September 2016 at the 8th meeting of the European Society for Chlamydia Research! It was fantastic meeting so many of our existing and potential future customers. Don't forget your special ESCR delegate discounts - offers expire October 31st 2016!
Some of the Biobank Team (left to right): Sarah, Rachel, Colette and Cate. AKA The Chlamynions.
We had a lot of fun running a free raffle to win chlamydia Giant MicrobesTM:
Congratulations to the winners (as announced on Twitter), who were as follows:
- Single giant Chlamydia EB: Willa Houston
- Three EBs in a petri dish(!): Catherine O'Connell
- "Tainted Love" mixture of STIs: Sander Ouberg
If you did not win a prize, do not fear, you can buy these brilliant cuddly chlamydiae from here!
Thank you to everyone who took part!
Pete Marsh and Rachel Skilton before the fun started! Standing next to the beautiful sign made by Southampton University Print Centre team, who made the majority of the conference promotional materials Thank you to Frank Follman for acknowledging the Chlamydia Biobank in his brilliant talk! Our first acknowledgement (that we are aware of!).
- 24th March 2016
- Easter Promotion! Buy one Monoclonal Antibody and get one for free! Offer applies until the 8th April 2016
- 3rd March 2016
- L2P- transformed with pSW2-GFP shuttle vector now available from the Biobank! See here for details
- 7th January 2016
- New publication in Nature Communications! Chlamydia trachomatis from Australian Aboriginal people with trachoma are polyphyletic composed of multiple distinctive lineages.
- 20th October 2015
- New publication! Diverse rectal Chlamydia trachomatis among MSM in UK; evidence for a HIV-related sexual network.
- 29th April 2015
- Monoclonal antibodies now available from the Chlamydia Biobank! See here for more information.
- 31st March 2015, 11.30am
- Chlamydia Biobank to be officially launched at the CBRS conference!
- 16th February 2015
- Links to raw sequencing data (Fastq files) now added to Biobank strain lists
- 16th July 2014
- The Chlamydia Biobank is now on Twitter! Click the link at the top of each page to follow news from the Biobank as it happens.
- 10th June 2014
- BIOBANK WEBSITE LAUNCHED!
- 19th February 2014
- Biobank assistant appointed: we are pleased to welcome Dr Sarah Pearson to the team!
- 1st August 2013
- Biobank grant start date
- 31st May 2013
- Wellcome Trust Bioresources Research Grant awarded to the Chlamydia Biobank project!